What's new

Quick questions of warranties

IJW84

Reaction score
Does anybody know if opening up an iPhone will void the warranty if it's on warranty. As in removing the two tiny screws and taking the screen apart?
And another thing, my phone fell on the floor and now the home button is no longer working, (ip7 btw) I was just thinking maybe a wire just came loose and all it need to be put back in place. Is this a possibility? This is why I ask if warranty will void.

Does anybody know if opening up an iPhone will void the warranty if it's on warranty. As in removing the two tiny screws and taking the screen apart?
And another thing, my phone fell on the floor and now the home button is no longer working, (ip7 btw) I was just thinking maybe a wire just came loose and all it need to be put back in place. Is this a possibility? This is why I ask if warranty will void.
If the iPhone is still under warranty and you open it up to try fixing any problems you can very well void your warranty. If the fix is as simple as you suggest, the Genius Bar at an Apple Store could fix it while you wait.
BTW, if you’re not very careful you can easily damage any connecting cables for the screen when opening. Apple will refuse to repair any iPhone that’s been damaged during an amateur repair attempt.

Ok good to know. Thanks