What's new

Questions on camera roll and other albums

allan473

Reaction score
I am trying to move images from my Mac to my iPhone without using iTunes. Using Photo Transfer I can move file from the mac to the camera roll on my iPhone.

Is there a way to move the photo from the camera roll into another album, say grandkids?

Last edited:
You can create an additional album, call it "Grandkids", and add photos from the Camera Roll to it.

The images in that new album will be a link to the original in Camera Roll. They are not really moved to that album. This means: if you remove the images from Camera Roll, they'll disappear from your iPhone (also from the album you created).

Well thank you. This leads to another question. I have perhaps 20 albums. When I sleect a photo in the camera roll and then "add to" the list of albums appears but they are all greyed out and cannot be selected as the destination.

I suppose the albums are either those that come with the Photos app (Favorites, Screenshots, Panoramics, ...), or were created on the computer and then synced or imported to your iPhone.

Try creating an album on your iPhone. Then it should be possible to select this album and add images.

Or are they greyed out because the photos did not get to the iPhone via iTunes or iCloud?