What's new

Questions about Safari and general use

CXXXV

Reaction score
1- How do I set a home page in Safari. I don't want it to open to the last page visited.
2- How do I make the home button always open the home screem. By default it always goes back to the last app I had open.

I you are not jailbroken, the answer to both is you can't.

there is one way to make safari always open to a certain page rather then to the last page.

open safari goto the page you want it to always open to like google.com then on the bottom press the button that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it. Then choose "Add to Home Screen" it will ask you what you want it to display as then hit add.

this will create a new icon on the homescreen that will always open google.com or whatever page you set it to.

Silly me...why did even ask.

I asked the same exact questions in April of this year when I switched.

I'll be blunt. Apple's idea of "ideal usage" blows. iOS is similar to the first "feature" phones save for a better app store. They have a very "Nazi" mentality based on what makes them the most profit instantly.

After two weeks of slamming my head against the wall going "Why can't I do this on iOS? Are you serious?", I remember why I left Android. I missed 1 text message and 2 calls in a 24 hour period. All three were very important and one was time critical. I haven't had that happen on iOS once yet and I know for a fact it never will.

So I made a choice. Research what I can do and just accept the rest. Does that make me a sheeple? Yes. I won't even bother to argue otherwise. But when I need my phone to be a phone, it won't let me down no matter how many apps I install. Android is currently unable to do that.

I asked the same exact questions in April of this year when I switched.

I'll be blunt. Apple's idea of "ideal usage" blows. iOS is similar to the first "feature" phones save for a better app store. They have a very "Nazi" mentality based on what makes them the most profit instantly.

After two weeks of slamming my head against the wall going "Why can't I do this on iOS? Are you serious?", I remember why I left Android. I missed 1 text message and 2 calls in a 24 hour period. All three were very important and one was time critical. I haven't had that happen on iOS once yet and I know for a fact it never will.

So I made a choice. Research what I can do and just accept the rest. Does that make me a sheeple? Yes. I won't even bother to argue otherwise. But when I need my phone to be a phone, it won't let me down no matter how many apps I install. Android is currently unable to do that.

I will admit that the radio part and the data part work very well. And I suppose for the vast majority of users whatever they get will be good enough. It's just a shame that such a great platform can't be fully exploited.

I still have another week to deide whether to keep the phone or return it. Right now I'm 50/50. I like the reliability of the iPhone but I really miss my customized Droid.

It's just a shame that such a great platform can't be fully exploited.

But that is the very issue Android is failing on. It has been exploited. Developers are forcing their applications to launch on boot of the phone for no apparent reason. They are forcing their apps to launch on "Connection Change". Why does Ebay's app need to know when you change from WiFi to 3G? Answer: they don't.

And I am only bringing up one small segment of where developers are making the platform unstable. I have much longer rants about Androids failing in other posts.