What's new

Question on teathered jailbreak

taylor4338

Reaction score
I am on AT&T and running on 5.1. I have been thinking about going ahead and doing the teathered jailbreak and was wondering if it would really b that bad to just do the teathered instead of waiting. Any responses would b appreciated greatly.

just wait. only 2 weeks away i guess before the new untethered will be release. but if you like its ok. you just need to connect to a PC when your phone run out of battery in order to start it :)

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

taylor4338 said:
I am on AT&T and running on 5.1. I have been thinking about going ahead and doing the teathered jailbreak and was wondering if it would really b that bad to just do the teathered instead of waiting. Any responses would b appreciated greatly.

I would wait

I'd agree with the others !

Its so close now i would hang on in there.

I've been tethered for a little while now. Everything runs so smooth I dont know if I want to even go untethered for stability reasons.

As long as your battery is lasting you long enough in between charges there's nothing wrong with tethered JB.

InkedAdrenaline said:
I've been tethered for a little while now. Everything runs so smooth I dont know if I want to even go untethered for stability reasons.

As long as your battery is lasting you long enough in between charges there's nothing wrong with tethered JB.

I agree...I have stayed on a tethers jailbreak even after the untether was released for that reason.lol.

How did you update and what iOS did you update to? 5.1 or 5.1.1?

taylor4338 said:

Wait if you do the tethered jb do u have to run redsn0w while your turning it on or can you just plug it in and turn it on.

Jmills87 said:
You need to open Redsn0w and select the "just boot" option every time you want to reboot the phone

Alright thanx ill keep that in mind

Jmills87 said:
You need to open Redsn0w and select the "just boot" option every time you want to reboot the phone

Ill just wait for the untethered jb

I went ahead and did the teathered jailbreak and it's running smoothly. Anyone know of an app that gives u more memory by chance?

taylor4338 said:
I went ahead and did the teathered jailbreak and it's running smoothly. Anyone know of an app that gives u more memory by chance?

What kind of memory?

You cannot increase hardware disk memory.

You cannot increase RAM...but there are tweaks that really allow you to manage free RAM well..

You can clear space in the root partition as well by running scripts that remove unused language packs and other unused files as well.

What kind of memory are you talking about,..and why exactly do you feel you need to gain more memory anyway...because in reality....you don't........the iPhone has plenty.

untethered JB is days agead. wait for it. im in 5.0.1 untethered and will update to 5.1.1 when untethered is release i think by this week

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk