What's new

Question about using an old plan with an iPhone

fmgtech

Reaction score
I have an old plan that I have had forever with Sprint ($29.95/300 minutes), and I have had no contract for years. If I purchase a Sprint iPhone from a 3rd party (not from Sprint), can I use that phone with my old plan. I don't really care about data etc. I would use WIFI when I needed that. Would I just take the iPhone to Sprint and have them change it over or will they not do that?
Thanks.

I'm almost certain for any "smartphone" you have to have a data equipped plan.

fmgtech said:
I have an old plan that I have had forever with Sprint ($29.95/300 minutes), and I have had no contract for years. If I purchase a Sprint iPhone from a 3rd party (not from Sprint), can I use that phone with my old plan. I don't really care about data etc. I would use WIFI when I needed that. Would I just take the iPhone to Sprint and have them change it over or will they not do that?
Thanks.

With activating a smartphone regardless of whether you purchase it from Sprint or not, it is required to carry a data plane with device. That being said, you would face a bill increase to $79.99 for the Data 450 plan. Cheaper than any other provider I might add.

xboxmahoney