What's new

Question about siri

ipazol

Reaction score
Does Siri get better the more you use it.
I don't use it that much but when I do it sucks, it's almost always typing wrong , does not show what I say and I end up typing my own texts.

Siri does not get better the more you use it.

If it is typing wrong, then it might be because you are not speaking clear enough to it.

I have not had any issues with calling or messaging, it has always replied or typed correctly.

I end up forgetting about siri, the main reason why I purchased my iPhone 4S. Out of 10 she understood me 2 times.

I end up forgetting about siri, the main reason why I purchased my iPhone 4S. Out of 10 she understood me 2 times.

Strange. She seems pretty good actually, although I was not too happy about the fact that she can't do things such as post a facebook or twitter update (like vLingo can)

iMarilina said:
Siri does not get better the more you use it.

If it is typing wrong, then it might be because you are not speaking clear enough to it.

I have not had any issues with calling or messaging, it has always replied or typed correctly.

I speak vary clearly and Siri makes mistakes all the time.
This is one of the text Siri sent.
Got message about 2914 Arty took care of thanks.
Arty should have been already.
The notes Siri does I have to go back and correct. I think Siri stands for (sucks in responding input.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

Strange. She seems pretty good actually, although I was not too happy about the fact that she can't do things such as post a facebook or twitter update (like vLingo can)

Hum... Lucky you Siri is useful for you. Trouble over here is not completely about Siri. I'm not a native English speaker so I guess I'm having an accent when
Speaking to her, so she always misunderstand me. The strange thing is that she never pick it wrong when I tell her "you are beautiful" she would say "thank you, now can we get back to work?" but when I start working with her, she picks up nada :(

Now I've just tried Siri to see how she's doing and wow she understood 98%
7b796ef9-0999-ac49.jpg

Yes, Siri is very limited. In addition, she is busy a lot of the time to be able to handle your request.

Overall my experience with Siri has been positive. Keeping in mind that it is still a beta tool I'm content.

SIRI has gotten worse with use. I believe the server is overwhelmed. It has become almost worthless and a waste of time to try to communicate with. Too bad as it was a good concept.

I speak and use the American Siri and it understands me most of the time... but then I only tried it on a friends 4S I dont own one

I've never had any issues with Siri, she always understands exactly what I'm saying and I've never gotten an "im too busy to respond" error. The key is to speak directly into the mic and to annunciate clearly. If you speak fast the words run-on and obviously she won't be able to pick up what you're saying.

i have to make an effort to enunciate as clearly as possible, otherwise siri has no clue what i'm saying, and sometimes she just doesn't get it.
i've asked her more than once: siri, say hello to ryan.
she says: i don't know what you mean, say hello to ryan.
for the $20 a year, and the 100 megs of memory she takes up, it's ok, so far.