What's new

Question About iCloud Backup

Reaction score
424EBE94-4DDB-4174-AEB2-8186E13D85EC.png
One of my Apple devices randomly shuts off and won’t turn back on for days, so I presume I need to get a new battery for it. Unfortunately, complications have arisen. I can’t afford to lose any of my precious pictures, so I bought more iCloud storage to backup all my pictures. I was hoping it would be aggrevation free backing up all my pictures, but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen.

When I tried to backup all my pictures all I saw was some endless spinning circle and a “time remaining” message. But it just sat there for a long time with nothing happening. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Is backing up a lot of pictures supposed to take a long time?

If you use My Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Library, the photos are not included in a backup, because they are already synced by iCloud.

The reason for a backup stuck at “Estimating time remaining” is Wi-Fi, most of the time. So make sure you’re connected to a stable/reliable Wi-Fi while your iPod is backing up.
Cancel the backup and try backing up again.

This getting confusing. After waiting all night to backup all my pictures I went to sleep hoping when I woke up all my pictures would simply be backed up in the place I could easily find them and in the same exact order I saved them in my camera roll. Was the backup supposed to be this slow? My WiFi has no problems, so I was surprised the backup was so slow.

However, now I am more confused than ever before. I had thought I bought 50 GB of more iCloud storage in addition to the 5 free GB that came with it. However, when I started the backup the screen showed I only had 45 GB? So did I buy 50 GB or just 45 GB?

What’s even more confusing is when I view backup in settings it shows last backup was “never” despite I know for a fact I backed up all my pictures that night because I saw a progress meter slowly updating throughout the night and morning. And I also see that I have 25 GB of iCloud storage left. So that would seem to suggest my pictures were backed up.

And how do I find what was backed up if no computer? I went into iCloud Drive app and there’s nothing there. Something else that is aggravating is when I view some of my pictures is I notice that the wrong date shows when I saved the picture. I bought the device in 2014, but I see dates from 2007-2012 associated witg the pictures. I never even had the device those years. So the wrong date appears with several pictures.