What's new

Question About Available Space on Phone

Klew721

Reaction score
So I was adding some songs to my iPhone5 and noticed that iTunes shows my iPhone as having 10.21 GB of "other" on it. What falls under the "other" category?

Generally, the others category includes messages, cache, app data (if it's stored separate of the application itself), system files such as a downloaded but not yet installed delta fix from Settings, dislocated files and of course trash. In most cases, it's messages, application data and cached files. Often times it can be dislocated files such as the case where you strictly remember that you've synced over some media, but it doesn't show up in your Music.app or Videos.app, and are simply taking up space even though they're not accessible. See if it's the media being dislocated by checking to see if your iTunes library amount of songs matches that on your device's Music.app

I would recommend either backing up and restoring if possible, or, check out the app called iClean. To narrow it down a little, you can search "iClean Remove and Clean". It does run for several dollars, but it does remove any cache and excess/unnecessary data from your device, especially if the device has not seen a restore in ages (and even after a restore).

Willerz, I just purchased the iClean app after reading your response on this thread. Two strange things, at least to me. 1) the app is titled "Lyric Search" and 2) when I click on contact customer support, there is no recipient - it's blank. Is this correct? Thanks.

Willerz, I just purchased the iClean app after reading your response on this thread. Two strange things, at least to me. 1) the app is titled "Lyric Search" and 2) when I click on contact customer support, there is no recipient - it's blank. Is this correct? Thanks.
Somehow you got the wrong app. You either downloaded the wrong one, or iTunes gave you the wrong one. Lyric Search is free and has a yellow colored icon. iClean is $1.99. Here's a screenshot of iClean. If you paid $1.99 and got Lyric Search, then iTunes made a mistake.

$image-4084073446.jpg

Thanks for your response. I ordered the correct app, $1.99. As you can see, the icon is correct; the title is wrong. Also the 1st page appears to be correct. If not, please let me know. This is the first time there's been an error like this.

Attachments

• $image-3016247859.jpg
    $image-3016247859.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 508
  • $image-2276948118.jpg
    $image-2276948118.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 489
Thanks for your response. I ordered the correct app, $1.99. As you can see, the icon is correct; the title is wrong. Also the 1st page appears to be correct. If not, please let me know. This is the first time there's been an error like this.
You might try deleting the app, then download it again. Or you could email iTunes and ask them how to correct it. Were me, I'd try deleting first. I never saw that happen before.

App deleted, app downloaded again - same thing. I will contact Apple Support. If I get an interesting response I'll post it here. Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

Ha, I downloaded the app and got the same thing. At first it was labeled correctly....iClean. (I paid $2.99 for it, btw) But, after running it once, the name changed to Lyric Search. Odd. Icon is the same as iClean and it runs the clean service. Just renamed itself!

Now that I look at the reviews, I regret that I downloaded it. The reviews are all fake. At least the first 20 I looked at! I usually look at the reviews a bit closer. I am suspicious of this app and I'm going to delete it!

Ha, I downloaded the app and got the same thing. At first it was labeled correctly....iClean. (I paid $2.99 for it, btw) But, after running it once, the name changed to Lyric Search. Odd. Icon is the same as iClean and it runs the clean service. Just renamed itself! Now that I look at the reviews, I regret that I downloaded it. The reviews are all fake. At least the first 20 I looked at! I usually look at the reviews a bit closer. I am suspicious of this app and I'm going to delete it!
I noticed those reviews too. They all use the same bad English. Possibly an Oriental. And the price did go up to $2.99. As to how the title gets mixed up...IDK. When I search "Lyric Search", it shows "iClean" when swiped 5 down the list. ?

$image-2945427095.jpg

Ha we have a mystery! I noticed the reviews and thought they were fake also. I haven't used the app and don't intend to. Wonder if Willerz2 has actually used it.