What's new

Question about activating a verizon iphone 4s

gd6

Reaction score
Hi...I have a verizon 4s that is not on an active account right now. I bought it off somebody because it had a cracked screen, and I was planning on replacing the screen.

If I did a full factory wipe, would I be able to get back into IOS, or would it get stuck at the activation screen? It currently does have a sim inside that says verizon.

I hope somebody can help...I just don't want to reset this if I can't get back to IOS without re-activating it on a current verizon account. Anybody? Thanks in advance!

I have a Verizon iPhone and it does not have a sim card AT&T has them

verizon and sprint 4s phones (with siri) do have a sim card slot...but not iphone 4's

The sim car in the Verizon phone is used when traveling abroad to allow you onto their sister companys' networks. It is not needed inside the US like AT&T does.

I wish I could get an answer to the actual question. I don't have the original owner's info, and this phone does not have a good esn because they apparently broke it and then reported it as lost to get a replacement through the insurance.

I jailbroke this phone and am actually using it on t-mobile (yes, this is possible with the 4s, CDMA 4s's have GSM capabilities but they are just locked, all iphone 4s's are the same, and this is why they all have sim card slots).

What I want to know is if I reset this phone, if it will get stuck at the activation during setup. This happened to me with a verizon iphone 4, and if I tried connecting it to iTunes it wouldnt activate cause I didnt have the previous owner's info.

Anybody?

It will not get stuck. It will restore but since you said it had a bad esn you won't. E able to activate it