What's new

Question about 5,1

taylor4338

Reaction score
I've been on a teathered jailbreak on my iPhone 4 for quite a while now. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's something out there like rocky raccoon 5.1.1 to make it unteathered but for 5.1????

Sent from my iPhone 4!

taylor4338 said:
I've been on a teathered jailbreak on my iPhone 4 for quite a while now. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's something out there like rocky raccoon 5.1.1 to make it unteathered but for 5.1????

Sent from my iPhone 4!

Nope... 5.1 only has a Tethered JB.

Thomasjtsi said:
Nope... 5.1 only has a Tethered JB.

Thank u for the comment. I've been on 5.1 teathered for a while and like everyone only every once in a while I have to plug my device into the computer for a just boot but really no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone 4!

Open up Cydia, then on the main page on the top, see if you see iOS 5.1.1 listed on there. If so, you can upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 and untether it. Otherwise, like Justin said, no matter if you upgrade to iOS 6 or stay on 5.1, the only difference is the amount of bugs and compatibility

willerz2 said:
Open up Cydia, then on the main page on the top, see if you see iOS 5.1.1 listed on there. If so, you can upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 and untether it. Otherwise, like Justin said, no matter if you upgrade to iOS 6 or stay on 5.1, the only difference is the amount of bugs and compatibility

How do I upgrade to 5.1.1 when I click on updates it only says ios6?

Sent from my iPhone 4!

taylor4338 said:
How do I upgrade to 5.1.1 when I click on updates it only says ios6?

Sent from my iPhone 4!

Do you have iOS 5.1.1 listed atop your Cydia home page?

Thomasjtsi said:
Do you have iOS 5.1.1 listed atop your Cydia home page?

It says 5.1.1 5.1 1r1 and 6.0.1

Sent from my iPhone 4!

Then you can update to 5.1.1 using SHSH blobs. The best option is to use RedSn0w's restore function.

willerz2 said:
Then you can update to 5.1.1 using SHSH blobs. The best option is to use RedSn0w's restore function.

Ok so do I get on the redsnow that I used when I originally jailbroke my phone and click on the restore button?? Sorry don't know a whole lot about this stuff. What is my next step after I click the restore button?

Sent from my iPhone 4!

Ok so do I get on the redsnow that I used when I originally jailbroke my phone and click on the restore button?? Sorry don't know a whole lot about this stuff. What is my next step after I click the restore button?

Sent from my iPhone 4!
More than likely the redsn0w you currently have is going to be outdated. So, you'll need to get version 0.9.15b3 from here... Dev-Team Blog , run it as Administrator as usual... and use the restore function as willer2 suggested above.

Open and run RedSn0w as admin. if your iPhone in. Go to extras > even more > restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for your iPhone. Then for blobs, select remote. Say yes to the prompts that tell you that your iPhone will be wiped etc etc, then follow the on-screen instructions on when to DFU your iPhone etc