What's new

Pyramid Wars - card game that continues the tradition of logical games.

Dmdbanary

Reaction score
If you say card game on Egypt topic new fascinating card game Pyramid Wars immediately comes to my mind. MammutApps released game that continues the tradition of logical games. It is available for iPhone and iPad devices.

Aim of the game is to build your pyramid 100 bricks high faster than your competitor or destroy the other one using 44 types of cards.

So open this game and let’s go through it together.

First I paid attention to colorful graphics. Main menu shows us epic battle in the desert. Blue sky and sand dunes on background look like a real desert.

The same background you will see in the game menu. You have 7 colorful cards to play. Among all 44 cards my favorite is Priest, something really magical is in it. The color of the frame shows the type of the card. There is green for Build, red for Destroy and blue for Magic. Top-right: the strength and the action. The number shows the strength and the symbol what will happen.
You can give the computer a bonus - additional height for the pyramid.
Wall before pyramids is additional defense for your side but at the same time you should destroy it first before attack enemy’s pyramid. An interesting discovery is cards Sun and River. I moved sun with the card Sun and it had bad influence on the strength of the computer’s slaves. When I tried River card, river was on computers side and it positively impacted on the currency production of computer.
Small slaves that build pyramids, papyrus background, Egypt symbols all were made with attention to the details. For me it shows that creators tried most to reveal topic of ancient Egypt.

Language localization (you can choose English, German or French) is a useful feature. I know why MammutApps company has decided add localization right in the first app release. From one hand it is additional markets but from the other it is a try to make game more comfortable. To tell the truth for me it was more pleasant to play in my native language.

And I should mentioned music. Sounds of pyramid build and hit add realistic to the game. Background music is relaxing and helps you to concentrate on game. If needed you can turn off sounds in options menu and continue the game.

I advise you start with beginner mode. For beginners there is help menu, so you can use rules any time. And after you make own strategy try to be the best pharaoh in the expert mode, cause AI in this mode is really strong. Btw to see how well you are use statistics and leaderboard via game center. When I played game previous time I was in top, try to catch me there.

To play the game will be interesting to both children and adults. Simple rules, complex combinations and strategies, along with colorful graphics and relaxing music will make the time spent at the game enjoyable and developmental. It would be great to add multiplayer mode to involve in game all family or friends, even idea of the tournament seems possible. So MammutApps has the way where to improve Pyramid Wars application.

App Store - Pyramid Wars - the card game

Here youtube links:

Pyramid Wars - Walkthrough, Tips & Tricks

Pyramid Wars - the card game (iPhone)

Pyramid Wars - the card game (iPad)

please refrain from double posting,thank you.......IPF STAFF.

Last edited by a moderator: