What's new

Push to Gmail

bodean

Reaction score
I just started using this app and so far enjoy it as I get notifications when I have email and uses less battery than setting up email on phone. My question is can I delete my gmail/exchange account on the phone if I use a push app? I'm thinking yes as it is redundant.

Gmail on the standard mail app using a PUSH setup doesn't touch the battery at all. I go 2 days without recharging now compared to only about 20 hours when I was polling every 15 minutes before I found out you could do gmail with push.

I just started using this app and so far enjoy it as I get notifications when I have email and uses less battery than setting up email on phone. My question is can I delete my gmail/exchange account on the phone if I use a push app? I'm thinking yes as it is redundant.

If you remove your gmail account, it will not be listed anymore in your mails accounts on the phone, and so no more notification for it since it's not even present in your phone, but if you are not using that gmail exchange account, yes you can delete it, it will not hurt your pursh in anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk