What's new

Problem with my iPhone 8 notes feature

Jeffry Smith

Reaction score
I have about 65 entries in "notes". Yesterday when trying to create a new one everything seemed fine. When I exited and then tried to retrieve it only the title showed up (actually perhaps the first line of the entry). I thought that I did something wrong so tried a second entry but the same thing happened. I find that all 65 notes show on my folder list but when I try to open and read them I just get a blank screen.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Welcome to iPhone Forums, Jeffry!

Force close the app:
Double tap the Home button to see your recently used apps, swipe the Notes app upwards to force close it.
Restarting might help, if force closing doesn’t. Just turn off your device and turn it on again.

Is your iPhone up to date? The most recent software is iOS 13.4.1. If it isn’t, update it. Maybe that will solve your problem.

Force close the app:
Double tap the Home button to see your recently used apps, swipe the Notes app upwards to force close it.
Restarting might help, if force closing doesn’t. Just turn off your device and turn it on again.

Is your iPhone up to date? The most recent software is iOS 13.4.1. If it isn’t, update it. Maybe that will solve your problem.
I have about 65 entries in "notes". Yesterday when trying to create a new one everything seemed fine. When I exited and then tried to retrieve it only the title showed up (actually perhaps the first line of the entry). I thought that I did something wrong so tried a second entry but the same thing happened. I find that all 65 notes show on my folder list but when I try to open and read them I just get a blank screen.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Force close the app:

Wow you guys are the greatest. A software solved the problem. That's the good news. Now that I've fount this forum I'll have another situation that I'll post later. With 7 years of notes stored with vital info, I was worried. Thanks again.

Wow, you guys are the greatest. The software update solved the problem. I was worried because I had 7 years of important data there. That's the good news. The bad news is that I'll be posting another problem soon. :)

Thanks again,