What's new

Problem with iphone 3gs

Mayo

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an iphone 3gs, it was locked to Orange uk but last month my contract with Orange ended and I moved to Ireland, I paid Orange to get the unlocking codes and I moved.........
A few weeks later I got the codes and unlocked my phone, I got a Tesco Ireland sim pay as you g osim card and topped it up.

I phoned Tesco Ireland and got the number of the message centre and changed that in my phone.

My problem is that I cannot phone or text anyone in the UK, I haven't tried Ireland cos I dont really know anyone to phone them lol

When I send a text it comes up with NOT DELIVERED

When I phone someone it says CALL FAILED

When I ring someone in UK I dial as an eg 00 44 151 123 4567 , so I take the 0 off 0151 as I am dialing Liverpool and I add the 00 44 as the UK code but I am not getting through to anyone.

Do you think it may be something to do with my phone settings or maybe the unlocking process?
When I unlocked it I got a message saying that my phone was now unlocked.

Hope someone can help me, I am lost not talking to my family and friends , thank you x

You might have to configure the APN settings. You can do so by accessing this site here directly on your phone, and choosing the appropriate carrier and such.

Hi
Thank you for replying to me
I have no idea what it means when I go to the website you linked me to
I am sorry - totally beyond me lol