What's new

Problem with GUI-GPG-SEC

pianoman

Reaction score
I was doing some housecleaning of my Cydia packages before doing a restore to 5.1.1 on my 4s to test battery life - intending to rejailbreak with the new downgrade redsn0w tool we've been discussing after testing 5.1.1 for a few days.

I want to clean house and resave to PKGBkUp before rejailbreaking eventually.

But I noticed something unexpected. The main package Cydia installs, GUI-GPG-SEC, had the owner designation of "insanelyi"!!! I am 100% legit buyer of stuff but my son will often get me things he thinks I'd like. When I get my phone back I clean out "bad stuff". But how could this essential file from Cydia get "corrupted". IS that what's happened here? Can I reload the file from Cydia? How? When I try to modify/delete the file the phone gives me all sorts of warning messages.

Any thoughts? (other than not letting my son TOUCH my phone Lol!!!)

Last edited:
pianoman said:
I was doing some housecleaning of my Cydia packages before doing a restore to 5.1.1 on my 4s to test battery life - intending to rejailbreak with the new downgrade redsn0w tool we've been discussing after testing 5.1.1 for a few days.

I want to clean house and resave to PKGBkUp before rejailbreaking eventually.

But I noticed something unexpected. The main package Cydia installs, GUI-GPG-SEC, had the owner designation of "insanelyi"!!! I am 100% legit buyer of stuff but my son will often get me things he thinks I'd like. When I get my phone back I clean out "bad stuff". But how could this essential file from Cydia get "corrupted". IS that what's happened here? Can I reload the file from Cydia? How? When I try to modify/delete the file the phone gives me all sorts of warning messages.

Any thoughts? (other than not letting my son TOUCH my phone Lol!!!)

Ignore the warning. It is 100% safe to uninstall.

All that package does is provide insanelyi icons within Cydia so instead of the question mark icon....you see the insanelyi icons beside the package name. That is all it does. It is not an essential package (even tho Cydia says it is)...all it does is turn the question mark icons to insanelyi icons for packages from the insanelyi repo..

Removing it would do absolutely nothing but turn insanelyi package icons back to questions marks.

It effects absolutely nothin else.

The repo marks that package as "essential" even tho it is not...so in turn Cydia suggest you don't remove it...even this it is completely safe to remove.

Last edited: