What's new

Problem with contacts

helenav

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a new iPhone (4S) user and seem to have a problem with saving/syncing contacts between iCloud and iPhone.

Problem is, that I recently saved 2 new contacts (first ones after getting an iPhone), but as I am going through my contact list, they're not showing. When I go to Contacts - Groups and selečt All iCloud, the 2 new contacts come up along with ALL the e-mail addresses I have ever sent an e-mail to.

So, when I unselect the All iCloud and leave a tick only on Contacts, it gives my contacts, but not the 2 I added.

Is there a way to save contacts only on iPhone, so I could sync them later with iCloud?

Thank you in advance!

Helena

You might have to resort to something else like Microsoft Exchange or GMail directly. The iCloud system in my honest opinion isn't the best way to do back ups because you can't really fiddle around with the specifics. You might have to end up manually just inputting those 2 contacts if anything

Thanks!

OK, let' say I'm disabling iCloud and will back up everything through iTunes on my laptop instead. How do I save contacts on phone or SIM memory then?

Right click your device on the left hand taskbar, click back up.