What's new

Problem using personal hotspot

jenny123

Reaction score
Hello! I am a new user of iPhone and one of the main reasons I got one was so that I could connect to the Internet at home on my laptop using personal hotspot. I do not have a tv or landline and do not want to pay for a broadband connection. My problem is that although I have no problem connecting to the Internet at home on my phone, I very rararely see my iPhone listed I the networks available to me on my MacBook. It is an intemittant problem as vey occasionally it pops up and I do a little dance! I went to the apple store and they checked all my settings and said they were fine and it was probably due to my coverage (I am with t-mobile) - my questions are: could it be something else? If not, is there any kind of booster I could get? Any other way of connecting? It's very frustrating that I can connect fine via the phone but not via the laptop. Any ideas?! Thanks - Jenny

Hello! I am a new user of iPhone and one of the main reasons I got one was so that I could connect to the Internet at home on my laptop using personal hotspot. I do not have a tv or landline and do not want to pay for a broadband connection. My problem is that although I have no problem connecting to the Internet at home on my phone, I very rararely see my iPhone listed I the networks available to me on my MacBook. It is an intemittant problem as vey occasionally it pops up and I do a little dance! I went to the apple store and they checked all my settings and said they were fine and it was probably due to my coverage (I am with t-mobile) - my questions are: could it be something else? If not, is there any kind of booster I could get? Any other way of connecting? It's very frustrating that I can connect fine via the phone but not via the laptop. Any ideas?! Thanks - Jenny
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules
Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?
poisonivy……iPF STAFF.