What's new

Problem using Jailbreak on my iphone!

ghettokid123

Reaction score
Hi,
I am using Iphone 4 with Geway sim unlocking.....but my problem is wen i try to browse for jailbreakme site & use that app i am gettig error message "
Cant install the cydia application on ur device so i would like a quick reply on how to jailbreak my iphone!
Thanks!

ghettokid123 said:
Hi,
I am using Iphone 4 with Geway sim unlocking.....but my problem is wen i try to browse for jailbreakme site & use that app i am gettig error message "
Cant install the cydia application on ur device so i would like a quick reply on how to jailbreak my iphone!
Thanks!

What firmware are you running?

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

Your a little bit demanding for a newb wanting a "quick answer". Maybe you should be a little nicer and the answers will come to you. Good luck jail breaking.

@darkstar2007 :im using 4.3.4( iphone 16 gb )!

@ jbs06civicsi : Sorry for my rude behaviour .... i was just very eager to know about jailbreaking so i posted in a hurry!

@darkstar2007 :im using 4.3.4( iphone 16 gb )!

@ jbs06civicsi : Sorry for my rude behaviour .... i was just very eager to know about jailbreaking so i posted in a hurry!
No problem, we will all help as much as we can.

I did all the steps that have been told now when i start my iphone i can see the cydia app but when i try to click it nothing happens a black window opens and closes.....donno what to do next !!

ghettokid123 said:
I did all the steps that have been told now when i start my iphone i can see the cydia app but when i try to click it nothing happens a black window opens and closes.....donno what to do next !!

is your cydia icon white? If so your on the right track

Every time your phone reboots you have to run Redsn0w and select "Just boot tethered now" to boot it up. If your Cydia icon is white and it crashes immediately when you open it that just means that you didn't boot tethered.

Thank You guys for ur help i understood how the tethered process works now!
But i reside in india and normally the internet or download speeds are limited & the browsing on phone is not that much fast so is thr anyway that i could install the apps which i download manually from pc(.ipa files i mean) & install them from my pc to iphone!
Hope u understood wat i asked ....but thanks anyways for the help !!

I don't understand. If you want to download the apps on your PC instead of directly on your phone just use iTunes and then sync with your phone.

Well that would be illegal. I'm not sure what this forums moderators stance on piracy is, but personally I think it is despicable and gives jailbreaking a bad name so I will not help you with that.

Jmills87 said:
Well that would be illegal. I'm not sure what this forums moderators stance on piracy is, but personally I think it is despicable and gives jailbreaking a bad name so I will not help you with that.

Thanks for informing the user jmills. As far as the discussion of piracy it is not allowed. Any further inquiries about it will not be tolerated. please take time to read our forum rules.

O Sorry about that just went through the rules anyways thanks for help!!