What's new

Pre-Order Rush

I am more interested in when the phone will actually ship and arrive....if its not gonna ship early and arrive early, i might as well preorder for instore pickup on the 10th and go on my lunch break and pick it up.

I don't know about that. I have a feeling there could be a rather long line at the stores, both Apple and Verizon, on the 10th. Just a gut feeling. Also a feeling they are going to sell out.

So having it delievered may actually be a better bet? Thanks for the thought!

I honestly think it will be. Just got the email from Verizon that those that order in the morning WILL deliver and be in hand on the 10th.

I am more interested in when the phone will actually ship and arrive....if its not gonna ship early and arrive early, i might as well preorder for instore pickup on the 10th and go on my lunch break and pick it up.

a note just came out about preordering from apple.com on 2/9 for in store pick up. I think I will do that so at least I guarantee myself a phone. i don't know if Verizon is also gonna do a preorder on the 9th for in store pick up. I had friends who ordered the iPhone 4 for ATT and waited in the long lines to pick them up..11-12 hrs waiting. I kinda want to experience that so I will pack a blanket, some snacks and my iPad and hang out with other folks who are wanting the iPhone from Verizon. I put in for a vacation day just in case.

I kinda want to experience that so I will pack a blanket, some snacks and my iPad and hang out with other folks who are wanting the iPhone from Verizon. I put in for a vacation day just in case.

Good Lord, you must be into S&M. I am SO not a people person in this regard. Crowds like that make me want to go postal. ROFL

I kinda want to experience that so I will pack a blanket, some snacks and my iPad and hang out with other folks who are wanting the iPhone from Verizon. I put in for a vacation day just in case.

Good Lord, you must be into S&M. I am SO not a people person in this regard. Crowds like that make me want to go postal. ROFL

Haha im the same way. I wish I could have a stork drop one into the palm of my hand as I walk out for work in the morning on the 10th so I dont have to see anyone!

Do you definitely have to be there to sign for it? If so I may need to reconsider my options.

sounds like modern warfare 2 and black ops all over again for gemnilocs. J

ust so you know, it sounds better than it really is. You'll get bored and the waiting will only be worse than the weather trust me just the delivery is a sure thing and less painful.

Just my 2 cents though

^^^^
and yes someone must sign for it

Haha im the same way. I wish I could have a stork drop one into the palm of my hand as I walk out for work in the morning on the 10th so I dont have to see anyone!

Do you definitely have to be there to sign for it? If so I may need to reconsider my options.

I can imagine you will need to be there to sign for it. There are times you can leave a signed note on the door to leave the package, not sure if they will for this.

not into S&M but have waited in long lines for Harry Potter books and a rally to see the POTUS and I always find myself getting to talk to all sorts of people and that's kinda cool. I won't be home to sign for a package so this is the next best option. hoping to preorder for in store pickup.

I can imagine you will need to be there to sign for it. There are times you can leave a signed note on the door to leave the package, not sure if they will for this.

I do agree with meeting interesting people. I am trying to remember the last waiting in line event I did. There was a couple, just none recently. but you're right, there are usually some really cool people to talk to.

sounds like modern warfare 2 and black ops all over again for gemnilocs. J

ust so you know, it sounds better than it really is. You'll get bored and the waiting will only be worse than the weather trust me just the delivery is a sure thing and less painful.

Just my 2 cents though

^^^^
and yes someone must sign for it
I guess I will just go ahead and try to preorder tonight to give myself a better shot in getting the phone. I hope my vacation day gets approved so I can be sure to be home to receive the package. that's my only worry. fed ex has delivered things here before and left them at the front door without a signature and thankfully no one stole anything from me but I don't want to risk it knowing that.