What's new

Possible Facebook-crashing fix?

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only user that has experienced the Facebook.app immediately crashing after attempting to open it since Facebook version 5.2 for both jailbroken and non-jailbroken users. AFAICT, I haven't had any problems with Facebook.app for the time being since I've done this, no crashing after 3 minutes of the app staying open, no immediately closing out of the app when it starts, etc etc.

1) Uninstall your Facebook.app by holding on to any icon, and tap on the little delete symbol in the top left corner.

2) Re-install your Facebook.app.

3) When entering your Facebook information, use a secondary account, not the one that you normally use, you might have to make a dummy account.

4) Sign in as your dummy account.

5) Sign out of your dummy account.

6) Sign in with your actual account.

7) Problem should be solved. This patched up the problem on all my iPhones and my iPad 2.

Do leave a post below to tell us if this method worked for you. It might just be a cache problem if this works for others as well, and I guess I'll hand that in to the Facebook.app developers.

Thanks for this post. My friend has been having issues with this and has been facebook'less for the past few months. Passing this on to her and I'll update if this works.