What's new

Portrait v Landscape Photos Lock

NSquirrel

Reaction score
I have been copying some of my old handwritten diaries. My iPhone 8 is set in portrait mode and I use the Camera app, handheld and at roughly the same distance, to take a photo of each page in portrait mode. In the iPhone Photos app, all of the photos taken appear in portrait mode. The Camera app is set to Most Compatible, so that files are saved in jpeg format. I have also used the Camera+ 2 app, but experience the same problem.

When I copy the photos to a Windows 10 laptop, via lightning to USB cable link, some photos copy across as portrait and others as landscape. Is there any way to lock the photos in one or other mode? I don’t know if this is a Windows or iOS problem, but assume it is tied to something in the jpeg files.

It may be a bit late now, but I wouldn’t have created photos. I use Scanner Pro by Readdle to scan all my documents into pdf’s which I can then combine into a single pdf document using PDF Expert by the same company.
The scans are simple to do and are automatically straightened and formatted, and you can scan in black and white or colour.

Thanks. Good suggestion. I use Readdle docs, but have not tried their scanner. I have an Epson scanner, but it was just a case of ease.