What's new

Portable battery charger for the iPhone?

Tricon7

Reaction score
I'm going to be taking a long trip this week on my car, and unfortunately my cigarette lighter is busted, so I can't use my AC/DC converter to recharge my iPhone. Is there an alternative power source I could use? Some kind of portable plug-in battery or something I could get? My only alternative is to pull off the road somewhere when my iPhone battery is almost drained and hope to find an outlet in a store and plug in while I sit and wait on it.

the have some ac/dc converters that can hook to your battery of your car. also they have cases around 80$ at bestbuy that have additional battery in them.

we do alot of camping and i use a Solio cellphone charger to charge my iphone and ipad. Its a solar powered charger that charges while the solar panels are open to the sun but also will store a charge on the internal batteries so you can also charge your device while there is no sun.

There are a bunch of them out now i cant comment much on the others but do know that the solio works quite well.

Why not just fix the lighter? That would be a cheap fix.

yea what mr bill said . its probably just a fuse or a loose wire or something . theres nothing to them if you have a look at it or get someone who knows cars . either way its a cheap fix

I would look for a AA battery powered charger. They are cheap but batteries are not. I would look into getting your car fixed or rig a 12v socket like this.
Super easy to replace. Only has 2 wires. This would be easier than solar, etc. $trillogy-35101-170!x150!.gif