What's new

Poor camera..

Vindmark

Reaction score
Hi all!
I have finally got myself a iphone4 after a couple of years with HTC.
To my great disapointment I find the camera very bad and I cant
Understand any of the test results and reviews out there. I could not
even get a good picture of a moving snail... I have concluded that this must
be a local problem with my iPhone. Anyone that can help me.? Thanks

Last edited:
What issues are you having? The camera is one of the best around so sounds like you may have some other problem...

Hi.
Thank you for responding.
As far as I can see there is no other problems with the phone....

I went from a HTC HD2 to an Iphone4 and i find the camera to be on the same quality level as the HTC was. Only thing i do wish it would have is my old samsung omnia used to have the 5mp with anti shake. The anti shake came in handy as it took alot of the blur out of quick snaps here and there

Very blurry. It cant handle any motion at all in the motive...

i have a problem with my camera too on my iphone 4 mine has a bluish tint to it when i takes pics or its real dark. maybe i just dont know what im doing lol. havent had the phone but a week. lol.

When you get used to the camera and want to really see how great it is and how you can have some free fun check out:

PhotoFunia

PhotoFunia is an online photo editing tool that gives you a fun filled experience. Just select an effect you like from over 100 different effects, select a picture from Camera Roll or take one with iPhone's built-in camera and wait to see the magic. Our proprietary technology automatically identifies the face in the photo and let's you add cool photo effects and create funny face photo montages. New effects are being added every week.

Please note that WiFi or 3G/EDGE data connection is required for the application to work.

For more effects and to use PhotoFunia from your PC/Mac please visit us at PhotoFunia

You can create some awesome pictures with this app.

There are a lot of free camera app's with anti blur and other options. Challenge is finding a camera app that responds as quick as the iPhone camera program. I found it was easier to learn how to shoot, remain stable and just point and click to get the best pictures.

It is a little learning curve but well worth it.... I would compare it to walking across the room with a full cup of coffee and looking at the coffee as if you look at it you will spill the coffee every time but if you just hold the cup level and walk you will not spill a drop.

The human body is built with the best gyro sphere if you don't think too hard your hand will remain stable and you will get the shot.

Hi Dannyboy.
I think the problem is moving objects not unstable phone...
Thank you for your reply!

yea..the shutter speed is way to slow for good moving pictures.
sometimes one will surprise me
after trying a bunch of apps,the one i keep on my app bar and deffinatly works best for photos and videos for me is ProCamera.
im pretty sure its a free app,and they keep updating it to make it better,
it doesnt really have anti-shake,but it wont take the picture till your steady enough,if you want that option
and i found the tips and tricks accually very interesting

hope this helps

yea..the shutter speed is way to slow for good moving pictures.
sometimes one will surprise me
after trying a bunch of apps,the one i keep on my app bar and deffinatly works best for photos and videos for me is ProCamera.
im pretty sure its a free app,and they keep updating it to make it better,
it doesnt really have anti-shake,but it wont take the picture till your steady enough,if you want that option
and i found the tips and tricks accually very interesting

hope this helps

Procamera is $2.99 usd

After been to the Apple Store comparing with other iphones I now understand that Iphone4 is equiped with a crappy camera. The fact that testers and users can rate this as a good camera is a mystery to me..
Okay, I've tried the Iphone4. Dont work for me, back to HTC

After been to the Apple Store comparing with other iphones I now understand that Iphone4 is equiped with a crappy camera. The fact that testers and users can rate this as a good camera is a mystery to me..
Okay, I've tried the Iphone4. Dont work for me, back to HTC

HTC are hardly the last word in camera phones lol. The HD2 was the first half-decent camera module they ever put into a phone and it was the tasty screen that made it look good - download those photos to your computer and they weren't anything special. The pink hue and poor flash weren't exacty great features either. I enjoyed my HD2 camera but it was hardly the last word in mobile phone cameras. As for the iPhone 4, it's the first iPhone I have bought purely because the previous incarnations didn't have flash and the macro was poor to say the least. I'm not one of these who expect a feature phone-surpassing camera on a smartphone, absolutely not. I just want a half-decent one that's capable of reasonable snaps. The IP4 camera is pretty good IMO, apart from the flash. I find my flash photos to have a blue tinge and to be pretty dark anyway.