What's new

Please Read....Let Me Know

Taylor263621

Reaction score
Hello everyone first post here, curious on few things. Tell me what you think

I currently own droid-X and want to switch to Iphone is it worth it?

***The one thing i LOVE about my droid is the wireless tether option, please continue to read.

-> What I am able to do now, is wireless tether a signal from my droid-x to my ipad/laptop or any device through Z4root and then an application called "Wireless Tether" (which is free) on my droid-x and simply use my phone as a router with no extra cost.

-> I have no knowledge of a program and the possibility of this on the iphone4 or 5 when it comes out. Question, can I use my Iphone as a router for free with an application similar to wireless tether? Also is there a jailbreak that is wireless for iphone4? Do I need a jailbreak to perform unlocking an application like that?

*Please do not side with Apple vs. Android software or product preference and all that cause I love both. Please give me your input and I'll decide from there.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I too am a previous rooted DX owner and loved the wireless tether feature. Unfortunately, there is no option for the iPhone for this yet because it has not been jailbroken (unless you have a Mac). Even then, i think the program cost 10 or 20$ on cydia.
Hope this helps.

The iPhone 4 can indeed be jailbroken from a PC but it is a tethered jailbreak which means anytime you reboot the iPhone or lose battery charge, you will need to plug it into the PC to boot it back up. If this is not a big issue for you, then you can use MyWi found in Cydia to do wireless tether. Unfortunately you have to pay for it though.

i have both mac and pc/windows7....Im not worried about that....the main issue is...

Iphone4/5------> use as ipod touch/phone

OR

Droidx----> Wireless Tether for ipad/laptop where ever i go no charge

***to me both are very comparable phones...i love both apple/android thats the main comparison. Since my contract isnt uptill like may, I heard the iphone5 will be out in July/August So i think ill wait...We will see