What's new

Please Karma, Don't Bite Me For This

hookbill

Reaction score
I'm not a saint, I try to be honest and fair. I'm much better at it now that I'm 60 then say when I was in my twenties.

If something isn't in mine I try to get it to it belongs to. Lets say I found an iPhone in a grocery store. I would either give it to a store manager or take it to a Verizon store.

Yesterday I went out to my mailbox. There was a padded envelope in my box, addressed to me. I could tell from the feel that it was either a CD or a Blu-Ray. I bring it in and literally ripped the package open and there inside was a DVD of a show called Hex Season 1. I didn't order this.

Now oddly enough I have the first season of that show recorded on DVD by a DVD recorder, and those of you who have used that know that quality isn't top notch. At least it wasn't when I did it 5 or 6 years ago.

I show it to my wife who was home for the holiday, and she says, "Oh, I'm interested. Give it to me." I say sure. I look at the now destroyed package, and yep, it's addressed to me. Then I turn the package over and guess what? There is a shipping label to another person in PA as well.

I thought, "You know if Amazon is dumb enough to put two labels on the same package, and the post office doesn't catch it then this is a keeper." Anyway I destroyed the package.

The law on items you receive that you didn't order is if it comes to your mailbox, it's yours. But I do feel a bit bad about it. Still I'm sure the lady in Pennsylvania will get her copy eventually.

I think it's a grey area, but give me your honest opinions. Just try and be respectful, that's all I ask.

The package was addressed to me. I won't lose sleep over this.

Now if my name wasn't on the package then I'd be wrong.