What's new

Please help! Recovering information from a backup file

AlphaCarbon

Reaction score
You've probably heard this story before. Unfortunately, an online search didn't turn up the information that I need to solve my problem.

I have been a blackberry user for many years. A few days ago, I started having problems with my BB, so I decided to retire it. My option was to go to another BB or an iPhone. I figured it was time I moved on to iPhone, and I did. So my iPhone is on the way, and I'm trying to not panic about losing all the data that was on my BB. Fortunately, I have a full backup of my BB. So if all fails, I can always get a BB and restore everything to it. However, in the hope that I never have to do that because I REALLY would like to be done with BB and start exploring the wonderful world of apple smartphones:

Can someone please clue me on how to get all the data on my BB (or BB backup file) onto my iPhone? (I mainly care about the contacts and calendar entries, and if possible, the memopad notes).

I'm pretty sure tons of people have tread this path before me, so I'm hoping somebody has come up with useful tricks to accomplish this.
Thanks in advance!
AC

Last edited:
There is an Windows application that talks to just about every Blackberry phone on the planet. It comes directly from RIM. This app has the ability to export data as CSV (Comma Separated Values). Once you have done this, you can then import that data to a gmail account and then sync the iPhone to the gmail account.

I realize that seems like a long way to go for the solution, but it is the best one I have found over the last year.

Plus it has the added benefit of allowing you to switch to just about any Smart Phone in the future since Google Mail with sync is supported by Android and iOS.