What's new

Please advice: can I save 9.3 blobs?

gam102

Reaction score
Greetings folks!

Please let me know if its possible to save iOS 9.3 blobs in any way (Tiny Umbrella? ) for a possible JB down the road.

I don't want to update my 5S to iOS 9.3 if I can avoid it. And I know Apple will soon stop signing it because 9.3.1 has been released.

Thank you for the help, in advance.

-gam102

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Since quite a while ago, saving blobs doesn't help installing whichever software you prefer. If you update, the only iOS you'll be able to install are those signed by Apple. During the process, iTunes connects to Apple servers, which makes sure you don't get the wrong software.
If you try to install a software not signed by Apple, you'll get an error, and it will be impossible to proceed.
At the moment, it's still possible to downgrade to 9.3 and 9.2.1. The most recent iOS is 9.3.1. For all three of them, there's no jailbreak right now, and it's not sure when a jailbreak will be available, and which iOS is the one that can be jailbroken when it's released.

Hope that helps.

Thank you J.A. for the prompt reply & help.

Yep, I get what you mean. I had read some months back that the latest version of Tiny Umbrella was once again helpful in saving blobs. And with this latest rumor of a JB for 9.3, I was thinking of leaping to 9.3 from my 8.1

I realize the window for 9.3 signing is small because of 9.3.1 & hence my urgency in the matter.

Thank you again for correcting & updating me.

-gam102

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Since quite a while ago, saving blobs doesn't help installing whichever software you prefer. If you update, the only iOS you'll be able to install are those signed by Apple. During the process, iTunes connects to Apple servers, which makes sure you don't get the wrong software.
If you try to install a software not signed by Apple, you'll get an error, and it will be impossible to proceed.
At the moment, it's still possible to downgrade to 9.3 and 9.2.1. The most recent iOS is 9.3.1. For all three of them, there's no jailbreak right now, and it's not sure when a jailbreak will be available, and which iOS is the one that can be jailbroken when it's released.

Hope that helps.