What's new

Photos taken with the iPhone 12 Series

This afternoon
IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

Beautiful Shot [emoji287]

All a work in progress. My iPhone 12 is standard, not Pro, thus has no dedicated telephoto lens so without using the digital zoom things afar are small and grainy if stretched in a screenshot. . As I'm trial & error I only, this morning I watched some YouTube on the subject of optical vs digital zoom & how to use for this type of picture. Unfortunately the much needed forecast of showers may cancel any chance of my trying more moonshots tonight but next clear evening or night I'll try again. Remember I'm a user not an enthusiast so guessing is frequent in this sphere.
But thanks jasassy for your nice comment. That gives me encouragement to keep trying!! [emoji287][emoji92]

I still can't get the moon ( now a Crescent) to anywhere near the size I wish. I used 5x Zoom. And then any stretching is still grainy. I only have the 2 lens iPhone12
View attachment 56940

With the three lenses, the results are the same ! This is not the iPhone's favorite exercise unfortunately [emoji22]

The best time to take iPhone photos of the Moon are just before sunrise and late evening before the sky gets too dark. The iPhone camera can’t handle the contrast ratio between the bright Moon and black sky.

Last edited: