What's new

Photos taken with the iPhone 12 Series

I know the view. A power blackout in the tropics puts new meaning to 'dark' you feel like you can't even see your own hands in front of your face. But it's kind of calming too except for the stifling heat with no AC or Room Fans , and the mosquitoes. And when it goes down one nevwr knows if it will be for an hour or a day or two. [emoji849]

Sounds Terrible

Sounds Terrible

The island joke is that when the power goes out its because someone forgot to feed the fireflies. They have improved the reliability in the 12 years I've been here but the 'uh oh' still happens. One can prepare but there's only so much you can do. 3 2D Cell Maglites always have good & checked batteries. But if I had to choose I'd go without power rather than water like a month ago. [emoji849] Readyness for utility outage is part of Hurricane Preparedness, sad to say. Season starts in less than a month.[emoji3061]

The island joke is that when the power goes out its because someone forgot to feed the fireflies. They have improved the reliability in the 12 years I've been here but the 'uh oh' still happens. One can prepare but there's only so much you can do. 3 2D Cell Maglites always have good & checked batteries. But if I had to choose I'd go without power rather than water like a month ago. [emoji849] Readyness for utility outage is part of Hurricane Preparedness, sad to say. Season starts in less than a month.[emoji3061]

IMG_4051.jpg

Prayers for You & Your Family that the season will be a Mild One [emoji1317]

View attachment 55915
Prayers for You & Your Family that the season will be a Mild One [emoji1317]

Right now I'd be hoping for just short of a brush with an early tropical storm though, as it would being the needed several days of heavy rains. That what it will take to 'wash' the island of the still plentiful Soufriere Ash / Dust. It doesn't really settle and light drizzle only makes more muck. Dry dust still blows all over the ground and from roofs and out of trees. Everyingb( inside and out) still gets gritty within days after cleaning. [emoji3064][emoji40]

Right now I'd be hoping for just short of a brush with an early tropical storm though, as it would being the needed several days of heavy rains. That what it will take to 'wash' the island of the still plentiful Soufriere Ash / Dust. It doesn't really settle and light drizzle only makes more muck. Dry dust still blows all over the ground and from roofs and out of trees. Everyingb( inside and out) still gets gritty within days after cleaning. [emoji3064][emoji40]

There's no question of going swimming in the sea after a good avalasse like here !

I just Air Dropped it to my wife ( as I did with a few of your other recents) as sunbject material for her painting. Thank you.
Maybe you can post the result somewhere on the forums. I‘d really like to see her painting. The rose in my picture is from my backyard. 🙂