What's new

Photos taken with the iPhone 12 Series

I started a thread for Hobbies, Arts & Crafts with a few of my wife's paintings captured with iPhone 8+ and 12. I hope the idea catches. dm
I‘ve already looked at the thread and enjoyed the paintings. They are beautiful! I‘m looking forward to seeing the paintings of my roses. 🙂

0B590EAE-CDFA-4283-BF62-30F9E603D205.jpeg
4C216209-39EA-4FBB-9B13-AF9DE6F15770.jpeg

I know the view. A power blackout in the tropics puts new meaning to 'dark' you feel like you can't even see your own hands in front of your face. But it's kind of calming too except for the stifling heat with no AC or Room Fans , and the mosquitoes. And when it goes down one nevwr knows if it will be for an hour or a day or two. [emoji849]

I know exactly what you’re talking about. Been there, done that, got the irritating mosquito bites to prove it…..in my youth.
Last time I was in the tropics exclusively for a funeral, I was surprised to note that mosquitoes avoided me, but fed voraciously on everyone else.
Turned out The Hydroxychloroquine tablets I’d been prescribed long term, had made me literally unpalatable to the pesky insects.
I was absolutely delighted! [emoji4]

Quinine pills are still prescribed for Malaria which is spread by mosquitoes and which can be life threatening. Other real nasties are mosquito borne as well ie Zika, Chikungunya and Dengue fever. All have plagued us here to varying degrees. [emoji45]

I‘ve already looked at the thread and enjoyed the paintings. They are beautiful! I‘m looking forward to seeing the paintings of my roses. [emoji846]

Stay tuned. Her paintings take quite a while which is why it stays an enjoyable hobby and passes time. It's sort of like writing novels. One can 'crank them out' or one can saviour the 'write' as others savor the 'read'. As she works on a new one, we try to gradually build suitable selections for source and your roses are eye catching and have real soul. I may add a few from the past to the thread today. dm

Quinine pills are still prescribed for Malaria which is spread by mosquitoes and which can be life threatening. Other real nasties are mosquito borne as well ie Zika, Chikungunya and Dengue fever. All have plagued us here to varying degrees. [emoji45]

Sounds Awful [emoji53]

Stay tuned. Her paintings take quite a while which is why it stays an enjoyable hobby and passes time. It's sort of like writing novels. One can 'crank them out' or one can saviour the 'write' as others savor the 'read'. As she works on a new one, we try to gradually build suitable selections for source and your roses are eye catching and have real soul. I may add a few from the past to the thread today. dm

Looking forward to seeing Beautiful New Paintings. What a Joy to be able to share what you see and put on canvas for others to experience the Beauty of someone else’s soul[emoji92]