What's new

photos from iphone to itunes

dave307

Reaction score
Here I am again sorry to be a pain.
I installed iTunes and connected my phone via usb cable to pc and opened the iTunes and yes it did show my phone okay.
But why don't it show the photos that I have on my phone in iTunes on the bottom of the iTunes page it shows the amount of storage that is on the phone also shows the quantity of photos music and date and so on. Have also done the sync phone to iTunes but where will I find the photos from phone on the iTunes page.:confused:
On the left side it does show my device David's Phone and below that it shows Music. Films. TV Prog. Books. Audio books. Tones. Untitled playlist. Voice memos.
Why don't it show my photos that are on the iPhone??.
Any help here please..:confused:
David

If you'd like to transfer/import your images to the PC, you'll have to use Windows Photo Gallery. iTunes doesn't sync photos from the iPhone to the computer. It syncs apps, music, movies and books. You can use iTunes to sync photos to your iPhone, though. So, if you synced photos, you'll find them on your iPhone, because the images were synced from your PC to your iDevice.
The only way to remove them from your iPhone, is by syncing your iPhone once more to iTunes, this time deselecting the albums/folders/images.

Once again many thanks and sorry to be a pain in the rear.
I have the photos that are on the phone in my picture gallery on my windows 10 laptop.
Now how would I get those photos from that folder in picture gallery on to iTunes. I did look under File and found a add folder to library but where to add the folder don't see any picture or photo option in iTunes to copy photos to.
Hope you can help me out here.
Just one other Do I really need to use iTunes with this new iPhone6 ios 10.2?? Or is there another system??
Once again thank You very much.Glad of you help very much appreciated.

iTunes does not show your images. You can sync them to the iPhone via iTunes. "Sync your Photos manually with iTunes" here will show how this has to be done:
Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all your devices - Apple Support

You have other options as well:

Use iCloud to keep your photos synced across your devices. You'll have to download iCloud for Windows, then enable iCloud Photo Library to sync your pictures. When you remove an image from one of your devices, it will also be deleted everywhere else. Your iPhone and PC have to be connected to the internet. Here's how to set it up:
Set up and use iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC
You can use iCloud for your backups. They are always encrypted, so they also store health data, e.g.
There's iCloud Music Library, which allows to listen to your music on all your devices which are connected to the same Apple ID: Turn on iCloud Music Library

For your photos:
Use an app to sync photos to and from your PC. Online storage, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, ... can be used for syncing and storing. There's an app for them in the App Store, and you can also access them on your computer.

There are apps/storage options just for photos as well. Google Photos, or Amazon Photo, to name 2 of them. If you have a Flickr account, you can also use it to get photos to and from your iPhone, and store them somewhere.

Last edited:
Dave you will never be a pain

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Glad J.A. Was able to help cause l couldn't

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.