What's new

Photo Stream has no delete function

Fisherking

Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have noticed there is no delete button once in your stream. I mean really why cant we have a choice to remove some of the images to our liking? I use apple TV photo stream and now in my slideshows I have all these pics from my 5 year old of all his toys on there. I mean I guess it's ok for him but I just want a little control. Any thoughts on this and if Apple will eventually incorporate a delete button?

I have their latest version of iPhoto and even it doesn't allow me to remove photos from the iCloud stream. When enough people complain, Apple will do something about it. But if I was to hazard a guess, we won't get a delete feature until they create a web interface for it under icloud.com or they create an iPhoto app for Windows.

I'm sure many of you have noticed there is no delete button once in your stream. I mean really why cant we have a choice to remove some of the images to our liking? I use apple TV photo stream and now in my slideshows I have all these pics from my 5 year old of all his toys on there. I mean I guess it's ok for him but I just want a little control. Any thoughts on this and if Apple will eventually incorporate a delete button?

I have disabled Photo Stream on my phone, it is a joke, you can't even control what you put there. It's like you put your stuff in a storage but can't remove them. Very smart.

This bothers me too. I thought this icloud thing was great as i get all my photos sent to my computer, I love that. But upon cleaning up I found i can't delete them from my phone, this makes absolutely ZERO sense to me.

So now you take a joke pic of the secratary at work, go to delete it, can't, your wife looks through your phone, sees it, now you have to listen to her about how you are interested in another woman for the next 2 weeks, all over one stupid picture. Thanks brilliant minds at apple.

if you log into www.icloud.com and click your name top right then click advanced settings you can delete photos in photostream from there, you then turn off photostream on iphone or other devices (under icloud setting) and turn back on and all photos are deleted.

This doesn't seem to work using IE9 browser for some reason (get error message) but ok on firefox/chrome.

perry

That wont' remove the photos saved in photo stream on the phone?

First, for IE I have to use the HTTPS not HTTP.

Removing photos from iCloud website will not immediately remove then from the phone. When you turn off Photostream in iCloud on the iPhone is when the photos will be deleted from the iPhone (or iPad).

This bothers me too. I thought this icloud thing was great as i get all my photos sent to my computer, I love that. But upon cleaning up I found i can't delete them from my phone, this makes absolutely ZERO sense to me.

So now you take a joke pic of the secratary at work, go to delete it, can't, your wife looks through your phone, sees it, now you have to listen to her about how you are interested in another woman for the next 2 weeks, all over one stupid picture. Thanks brilliant minds at apple.

(Laughs out loud) @ this post! Made me chuckle so thank you for that. I to have noticed you can't delete and even turning off photostream the minute you switch it back on they all come back. So for the guy I've quoted you could see the argument reappear in 3 years time (laughs out loud) I think photostream is a good idea on paper but a rubbish idea in use!

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

(Laughs out loud) @ this post! Made me chuckle so thank you for that. I to have noticed you can't delete and even turning off photostream the minute you switch it back on they all come back. So for the guy I've quoted you could see the argument reappear in 3 years time (laughs out loud) I think photostream is a good idea on paper but a rubbish idea in use!

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

I have turned Photo Stream off, I don't want a stack of unwanted photos be stored where I have no control of them.

Bluering said:
I have turned Photo Stream off, I don't want a stack of unwanted photos be stored where I have no control of them.

I would do the same thing, however I like to edit my pictures ( crop ect) and photo stream is the only way I can do it on my iPod

I edit outside the photo stream all the time. It is not the "only" way. There are also plenty of apps, and some good free ones, for photo editing. Adobe PS Express (yes, it is Photoshop Express) is free and good enough.

I think I read somewhere that the pictures that are left in photostream are deleted from the server and phone/IPad
After 30 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bluering said:

Ditto. I like photo stream but will leave it off until there is an easy way to delete photos.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Saw on YouTube how to do this. It was very informative. Search for it and you should be ok.