What's new

Phone wont ring

davesmith1212

Reaction score
Hi just after abit of help if you ring my I phone 4s it will ring as normal, but my phone won't ring, or say any one is calling it is just the normal screen hope some one can help thanks

davesmith1212 said:
Hi just after abit of help if you ring my I phone 4s it will ring as normal, but my phone won't ring, or say any one is calling it is just the normal screen hope some one can help thanks

Anyone?

Oh ok... I see what you're saying now. I haven't seen anyone having this issue here lately. Have you tried a Hard Reset of your iPhone? Holding the Home and Lock buttons together for 10seconds... the phone will restart.

Thomasjtsi said:
Oh ok... I see what you're saying now. I haven't seen anyone having this issue here lately. Have you tried a Hard Reset of your iPhone? Holding the Home and Lock buttons together for 10seconds... the phone will restart.

Yes I tried that but it just turned my phone off not reset it

Are you ignoring the "Slide to Power Off" and continuing to hold the Home & Lock buttons together? Doing so shouldn't turn your phone off... it should restart it.

Thomasjtsi said:
Are you ignoring the "Slide to Power Off" and continuing to hold the Home & Lock buttons together? Doing so shouldn't turn your phone off... it should restart it.

Yes I waiting till it turned its self off, but should it come straight back on or load up with a bar across the bottom off the screen if you know what I mean

I gotta say, I can't understand the OP question at all! Can you rephrase?
It rings as normal, but won't ring? What does that mean?

xrayeyes said:
I gotta say, I can't understand the OP question at all! Can you rephrase?
It rings as normal, but won't ring? What does that mean?

If you ring my phone off yours it will ring as normal on your end but my phone doesn't do any thing, does not ring or say any one is calling hope this helps

your 4s will still be covered by the warranty,ring Apple or take it to an Apple store if your problem is still unresolved.

So you dont get a ringer when called.. Might just have your phone on mute or you might have to go in to settings and set a ringtone…

Pringles said:
So you dont get a ringer when called.. Might just have your phone on mute or you might have to go in to settings and set a ringtone…

No my phone doesn't do anything, doesn't even say anyone has rang me or come up on the screen that anyone is trying to ring me