What's new

phone will not ring

Went to Apple store again, this time they replaced my phone, looks like there is some problem with the hardware.

had the same problem today. NOT a hardware problem, as I can get sounds form the phone. Seems some app or web site that I visited has put up a hijack on my sounds.

tried the vibrate and silent functions in all 20 possible permutations. RE-did the ring tone, rings when I enter it, but nothing will make the phone ring when I call it.

It vibrates (or not) when I use the sliders.

I cannot find any place to enable the sounds back to the phone, except the IMPLIED enabling with the silent button.

I also tried the silent button on teh side.

Nothing will make this little 4S ring out it's heart any more....

I've finally got a new phone, and it works fine now, I was struggling for a long time, suspecting some apps, reload to factory..... the best I get was good for 1 hour, and it's gone again, went to Apples Mahattan Beach, and they replaced the phone for me.

had the same problem today. NOT a hardware problem, as I can get sounds form the phone. Seems some app or web site that I visited has put up a hijack on my sounds.

tried the vibrate and silent functions in all 20 possible permutations. RE-did the ring tone, rings when I enter it, but nothing will make the phone ring when I call it.

It vibrates (or not) when I use the sliders.

I cannot find any place to enable the sounds back to the phone, except the IMPLIED enabling with the silent button.

I also tried the silent button on teh side.

Nothing will make this little 4S ring out it's heart any more....

I bought an iPhone 4s a couple of weeks ago. It does not ring or vibrate when I have an incoming call. I have done resets, the problem appeared before I did the upgrade to 5.1 and after, it also shows a permananet call being made indicator at the top. Today it also started giving a busy tone when I call it. Yesterday it just rand and rand when my BF called it - no sound and no vibrate. I have checked the sound on/off switchand it is on (no red showing) Help - this is driving me crazy!