What's new

phone starts up on its own

Linda46563

Reaction score
When I put my iPhone 43 in my pocket or purse it open up the screen when there is movement. I know it is hard to understand and hard to explain. When I put it in my pocket whenever I move it makes a sound and the screen lights up. If I am walking it makes the sound constantly. Is there something I have open in settings that does this or a problem with the phone.

You could try a hard reset for starters, Hold down the on/off and Home button together until the apple appears then let go, This will reboot the phone and can fix many glitches.
Let us know how it goes.

I did a hard set. Turned the phone back on and it still does it.

I don't know if this pertains to you, but I had this little circular decal on my home button. Thought it was really cute, but when I would put it my jacket or bag, the raised decal would depress the home button turning my phone on repeatedly. Not good. Needless to say I removed it immediately.

Do you think your notification alerts are turning on your phone? Or, maybe something is close to your home button or your power switch that might be turning it on by accident?

Think I have it figured out. I have an external battery and I am sure that is why it keeps doing that. I shut that off so it isn't constantly charging and the problem has stopped.

well, didn't heard this sort of problem ever before,
hope that doesn't happening with me to prove this happens....
Read my above post. It seems it was my external battery. It must have been a little loose
and when I moved it probably separated a little, just enough to lose connection. I haven't
had the problem again.

Linda