What's new

Phone Rings..Swipe doesn't work!!

ohrings

Reaction score
Problem swiping to answer a phone call with the new IOS. Also, with the new udate, I can not long turn down a call. Is there any other way to answer a call other than swiping?

Press down on the button on TOP of the phone twice and it will send it directly to voice mail. Pressing once will just mute the ringing but the caller will still hear the rings on their side.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The OP asked if there was another way to answer a call. I am not aware of one.

I am having the same issue to a degree. I am finding that the screen sensitivity seems worse overall with iOS7.

The OP asked if there was another way to answer a call. I am not aware of one. I am having the same issue to a degree. I am finding that the screen sensitivity seems worse overall with iOS7.
Sorry. I only saw the first part of the question and thought the OP was wondering what happened to DECLINE. As far as answering, I haven't had issue with swiping. I think another alternative to answering would be through Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The OP asked if there was another way to answer a call. I am not aware of one.

I am having the same issue to a degree. I am finding that the screen sensitivity seems worse overall with iOS7.
I am not having problems with answering calls, but typing at a high speed on the keyboard is a nightmare. I used to do it so easily on iOS 6, now, on iOS 7, I have to wait for 1 second after typing each word or else I see that half of the letters are missing even though I tapped on all letters.

I just got my 5s yesterday and today almost missed a call because my swipe to answer wouldn't work. I kept trying and finally it took the swipe. Oye...everything else seems to be working fine and I love the phone. Hoping this will be a bug that will be fixed soon.

After doing some more research, it is possible it's an issue with the ringtone I had assigned to my sister. It is not a custom one though. When she gets here in a bit, I'll have her call me with and without it and see what happens. I called myself with my landline and the phone default ringtone, and it swiped fine.

Restore to an iOS 6 backup when updating to iOS 7? That almost always causes problems when you restore from a backup of one iOS genre to another, i.e.: iOS 5 backup to iOS 6> iOS 6 backup to iOS 7. It's never a good idea, but sometimes it works out with no problems.