What's new

Phone Recording Software

komobu

Reaction score
Hi;

I just ordered my first iphone today! It is a Iphone 4 and I get it on Thursday!

Anyways, I work as a driver and get calls from a service that normally require me to pull over, write down addresses, destinations, phone numbers and such.

I am looking for an app that would allow me to record the call so that I wouldn't have to stop and write stuff down. I would really like it if I could tell it what phone number are dispatcher is calling from so that it would automatically record all phone calls from that particular number. Is anything like this available?

Thanks

Man I drive and it's a major pain to use iPhone while driving. I'd say it was easier with samsung blackjack.

I'd suggest blutooth for handsfree talking. For recording use micro casette recorder, good quality like Sony. You could answer with a push of a button on your ear and record everything on your tape recorder, repeating the stuff they say that you need to remember.

I honestly have hard time picturing you messing around with iPhone while driving.

Suggestion, find phone holder that can be right above steering wheel attached to left pillar.

If anyone has an answer to this, would love to hear it. I also need something like this for driving. And talking, writing, and driving do not mix :).
Until then, what about having people send text messages or email on the phone?

Our dispatcher is about as non computer as they come. He can barely use the telephone, much less send a txt message or email. He also happens to be the owner, so I guess I will have to put up with pulling over to write it down!

There is no app on tweak allowing incoming calls records on iphone, some states in america legalize it to be possible where by most said it's a violation, so that there is no apps for doing what u want. The only way around this is to manualy record the conversation with an actuall recorder while puting the conversation ongoing in your phone on speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bab...Thanks for the reply, I kind of figured as much that there is nothing out there.

As far as legalities, I think it is just an excuse by apple. I am not buying the "Legalities" for a minute. If that was true, why do several other mfrs provide it as a part of the phone os like nokia for example. I am coming from a Palm OS platform and the treo has an app called CallRec that does this.

It is true that some states do not allow recording unless both parties consent, but there are many states that only require to one party consenting, and even if it requires both parties to consent, I dont think that would fall back on Apple if the user violates the law.

Bab...Thanks for the reply, I kind of figured as much that there is nothing out there.

As far as legalities, I think it is just an excuse by apple. I am not buying the "Legalities" for a minute. If that was true, why do several other mfrs provide it as a part of the phone os like nokia for example. I am coming from a Palm OS platform and the treo has an app called CallRec that does this.

It is true that some states do not allow recording unless both parties consent, but there are many states that only require to one party consenting, and even if it requires both parties to consent, I dont think that would fall back on Apple if the user violates the law.

Are you extremely sure that nokia provide phones with INBUILD call recordings methods on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk