What's new

Phone record application

Status
Not open for further replies.

AATT

Reaction score
Im looking for a application to record my call / giving / receiving

i ve been trying to look for one but been unsuccessful

Something similar to what you want would be "Call Recorder for Skype"(in Cydia for $6.99).... if you buy talk time minutes through Skype you can place a call to any phone and record the conversation...

But can i for example get any recording app , and just run it at the same time as the call ? , in theory it should hear the conversation and record it right ?

Nope. iOS doesn't allow direct access to the audio stream of a phone call. Now if you Jailbreak the iPhone, that condition may come available. But from a stock iPhone, never going to happen.

My 4s is jailbroken , and im currently looking into this condition , any help is welcome

The only method I know of is Google Voice. There used to be a few from the AppStore but they breached the privacy laws so they were removed. But there is an old method that I'm not entire sure that it still works, so give it a try maybe with your home phone or through Google Voice.

1. Be in a call with person
2. Hit the (+) button on your keypad to add a number
3. Type in your phone number
4. It will go strait to voicemail
5. Once you here the beep, it will start recording
6. When you hang up the call, you will get a voicemail of your recording

Here at iPhone Forums... we consider "Call Recording" capabilities a bit of a gray area. Mainly in terms of legality and invasion of personal privacy. While, in some cases, call recording can be a useful tool for a business person or reporter... the possibilites of it be abused are everpresent. With that... this thread will be CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.