What's new

Phone quit working

swingtown9

Reaction score
About 30 minutes ago my iPhone 4S shut itself off. Even though it is fully charged, it won't turn on without being plugged in to a power source. Also, it won't let me send or receive texts, make or receive calls, turn on my wifi (that also turned itself off), or use any application. I have never had any problems with it before today. Why would it start doing this?

What did you do prior to this occurring. Have you tried performing a hard reset on your device?

Press the power button and home button at the same time until the apple logo appears then release and your phone should hopefully reset.

If no joy seek an appointment with your local apple genius bar.

What did you do prior to this occurring. Have you tried performing a hard reset on your device?

If this doesn't work, you may possibly have a hardware fault. You may want to consider making a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store. If it does turn out to be a hardware issue, the warranty would cover it, if it's still under warranty. If you can still backup your phone, do so before taking it in. You can then set up a replacement phone from the backup you made.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator