What's new

Phone misfires!

Gail1935

Reaction score
Since upgrading to IO7, my phone rings when no one is calling! It happens several times a day. All other apps have different sounds applied to them. My telephone ring sound is unique. What could be causing this and what can I do?
Many thanks in advance...
Gail

Since upgrading to IO7, my phone rings when no one is calling! It happens several times a day. All other apps have different sounds applied to them. My telephone ring sound is unique. What could be causing this and what can I do? Many thanks in advance... Gail
Try a hard reset. Hold both the top button and the home button until the Apple logo appears. Then release.

Thanks for your help! Coincidentally, I solved the problem just this morning. Turned out I'd assigned 2 different notification sounds to my email - one in Sounds and a different one in Notifications. It caused my email to use my telephone ring! Problem solved. Only problem now is I can't assign a sound/notification to either Viber or WhatsApp. Don't know if it's impossible, but I can't find any reference to being able to do it. Any ideas?
Gail