What's new

Phone keeps crashing

Tomanytoysjf

Reaction score
iphone 4 5.0.1 redsnow untethered jailbreak. Im not sure if its something i installed but the past few weeks my phone my phone will crash 2-3 times a day. Originally it was fine no issues so I'm not sure what it could be. If i restore will I be forced to update to 5.1? should I delete everything I installed and see if that makes a difference? Not really sure of my choices here. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I would just restore. You must restore to a custom 5.0.1 IPSW.

Download Tiny Umbrella.

Plug in phone, open it, click save SHSH. If 5.0.1 shows, then you can restore to 5.0.1.

Now Download iFaith 1.4.2 from ih8sn0w.com.

Open it.

Click on "Build Signed IPSW w/ SHSH Blobs".

Select the SHSH Blob in the window. You might have to navigate to it. Tiny Umbrella stores SHSH in C:/Users/users name/SHSH.

Then select the IPSW.

Oh yeah...download the 5.0.1 IPSW (please make sure it's the right one for your model phone) and sac it to your desktop.

When you click browse for IPSW in iFaith, just select the IPSW on your desktop.

When it's done. It will save to your desktop.

Now went PWNED DFU Mode with iREB. It is in iFaith.

Now open iTunes and hold down the shift key while you click the restore button and double click on the iFaith IPSW.

Thanks for the reply. I may check this method out when I have time. Is it as complicated as it was to write that out lol.

Tomanytoysjf said:
Thanks for the reply. I may check this method out when I have time. Is it as complicated as it was to write that out lol.

Nope. Maybe the first time ya do it....after that ......nope. Quite simple instructions actually....