What's new

Phone is bricked, getting different errors every time i try to restore it.

monoredryan

Reaction score
So today at work, in a down time i was scrolling facebook, and my phone crashed.
I restarted it with the down button and the other thing, and it still wouldn't work so I restored it from Itunes. It worked for about an hour and now its bricked again and every time I try to restore it I get a different error code from Itunes. I've gotten 4013, 19. 9, and -18. Any clues as to how to fix this? thanks in advance

First what Iphone are you having problems with? Which IOS are you currently running? And is your ITunes that you are using the latest I tunes.

I have tried 3 different cables, my phone is a 7 and I'm pretty sure was on the most recent IOS on the phone and as far as I'm aware I was on the latest itunes. it hasn't asked me to update

Usually the easies thing do with ALL IPhones on ALL IOS's is DFU mode but to make a long and pointless story short if it is a IPhone 7 generation open iTunes plug your iPhone into you computer via sync cable (phone off) hold down the down volume button and the power button at the same time until you see either the apple logo on your iPhone screen or iTunes saids iPhone must be restored and updated. (WARNING YOU WILL LOSE ALL!!! YOUR CONTENT ON YOUR PHONE) so I hope you have it backed up or still can
By the way only do this as a last resort it would be much better to wait in line at an Apple Store

Usually the easies thing do with ALL IPhones on ALL IOS's is DFU mode but to make a long and pointless story short if it is a IPhone 7 generation open iTunes plug your iPhone into you computer via sync cable (phone off) hold down the down volume button and the power button at the same time until you see either the apple logo on your iPhone screen or iTunes saids iPhone must be restored and updated. (WARNING YOU WILL LOSE ALL!!! YOUR CONTENT ON YOUR PHONE) so I hope you have it backed up or still can
By the way only do this as a last resort it would be much better to wait in line at an Apple Store

what's DFU mode?

It stands for Device Firmware Update. It is used for restoring a device from any state. It can even be used for jail broken ones.

And if DFU mode won't work to restore an iOS device device, then there's a hardware fault preventing the restore.