What's new

Phone has suddenly decided to use up 5.8GB of 'Other' space?

Viy

Reaction score
I have Googled and searched the wide webz but I can't find anything that helps! Basically I went out one night and my phone suddenly started notifying me that i have no memory left. So I cleared my internet cache, deleted my largest app and used iCleaner but that made no difference what so ever.

I do not wish to restore my iPhone because that means I will have to update to 7.1 and will not be able to re jailbreak. I can't go in DFU mode and restore to a previous firmware because my power button is busted. Has anyone got any suggestions to fixing this problems as I only have a 16GB iPhone 4S and having 5.8GB of space taken up

Cheers!

iPhone 4S White iOS 7.0.4 Evasi0n Jailbreak

Last edited by a moderator:
Open up Cydia, go to Manage, and check out the breakdown of the iOS filesystem storage availability. It's a more accurate depiction of your usage as opposed to Settings.app > Usage since it breaks down your Cydia storage as well as opposed to just labeling it as "Other". If anything, you can run SemiRestore or ILEX RAT on the occasion that they're files that iCleaner (basic) does not see. Or, you can use iCleaner Pro.

I have Googled and searched the wide webz but I can't find anything that helps! Basically I went out one night and my phone suddenly started notifying me that i have no memory left. So I cleared my internet cache, deleted my largest app and used iCleaner but that made no difference what so ever. I do not wish to restore my iPhone because that means I will have to update to 7.1 and will not be able to re jailbreak. I can't go in DFU mode and restore to a previous firmware because my power button is busted. Has anyone got any suggestions to fixing this problems as I only have a 16GB iPhone 4S and having 5.8GB of space taken up Cheers! iPhone 4S White iOS 7.0.4 Evasi0n Jailbreak
How much available space does it say you have in settings>General>About? I got a pop up once that said "Low Memory". I don't have a clue what that was about. I had about 3 gb of space left at the time. I never saw the pop up again. Still have no idea what that was about. If your phone says you have 6 gb available, I wouldn't worry about it.

How much available space does it say you have in settings>General>About? I got a pop up once that said "Low Memory". I don't have a clue what that was about. I had about 3 gb of space left at the time. I never saw the pop up again. Still have no idea what that was about. If your phone says you have 6 gb available, I wouldn't worry about it.

It says I have 0 bytes free. When I connect to iTunes there's this.

$6f3e0869e003db6a28ef882cf8b2a78f.png

Open up Cydia, go to Manage, and check out the breakdown of the iOS filesystem storage availability. It's a more accurate depiction of your usage as opposed to Settings.app > Usage since it breaks down your Cydia storage as well as opposed to just labeling it as "Other". If anything, you can run SemiRestore or ILEX RAT on the occasion that they're files that iCleaner (basic) does not see. Or, you can use iCleaner Pro.

I just tried using ILEX RAT it restored the phone but I still have all that 'Other' space used up?

Make sure all your messages are deleted. They can take up a couple of gigs or so. The "other" could be that. Sometimes even deleting them doesn't help.

It's most likely saved old files and directories. An example would be the Themes directory in /var/stash/Themes.XXXXX/. After using ILEX RAT and Semirestore and re-installing iFile, your old Themes directory will still be there, but there's a new one Themes.YYYYY that's currently active. If you have old tweaks that locally stored data independent of the iOS, it may still be there because ILEX RAT and Semirestore does not explicitly look for it.

Since you've ran ILEX RAT, try Semirestore. If that does not work, we can work on manual methods.

I had the same problem too, nothing would fix this up, so I had to restore my iPhone 5. At least I got to rejailbreak it at 7.1.2. If another update rolls out, u have to forget jailbreak depending on if it supports pangu. Thanx. Running Iphone 5 ios 7.1.2 jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk