What's new

Permanent unlock sites say it does not void warranty??

iphonefr33k

Reaction score
How can these sites say that it will not void warranty. If its unlocked won't apple know if you took it in for repair? DOes anyone know if this is similar to JB and if it is I still do not know how it could not void the warranty if you do not unlock it before bringing it in for repair?

Its something I am thinking about but would I be able to have all my tweaks and applications as they are now as well as Cydia?

I am just curious and absolutely not advertising or spamming because you can see I have not mentioned any company or link.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and trying to answer my questions.

The unlock is not performed on the device at all, they add the IMEI number to the unlocked whitelist. So no, it will not void your warranty as nothing on the phone has been tampered with.

Thanks for the reply but they also claim it will jailbreak so you can install software and not void warranty? How can they make such a claim?

I must be reading this wrong one site just unlocks and claims the warranty won't be void and another does both unlock and JB but does not mention if the warranty will be void or not.

I would think any JB would void the warranty and wonder how easy it would be to downgrade to any firmware if you use their software.

Last edited:
Can you offer assistance with unlocking?
My friend wants my iohone4 but we need to unlock it from Telus so she can go with Virgin Mobile...... (Canada)

Can you offer assistance with unlocking? My friend wants my iohone4 but we need to unlock it from Telus so she can go with Virgin Mobile...... (Canada)
Contact Telus and see if they will unlock from their service... that's the most direct method.

Thanks for the reply but they also claim it will jailbreak so you can install software and not void warranty? How can they make such a claim?

You shouldn't be paying for a software unlock which is what that is describing. An IMEI unlock does not require a jailbreak.