- Nov 27, 2012
- Reaction score
Popular live streaming app Periscope has released an important update for its iOS app, bringing a couple of new features and notable improvements for Apple’s new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. The update brings the app to version 1.3; and here's how its official changelog looks like:
- SKIP AHEAD IN REPLAYS: When watching a replay, press and hold to instantly jump into any part of the broadcast.
- MAPS 2.0: Replays (with location turned on) now appear on the map, giving you a 24 hours perspective of any specific geographic location. Zoom further into an area to reveal more broadcasts.
- New “Trending” section in the People Tab highlights an evolving list of recently popular broadcasters.
- Application Shortcuts for people with an iPhone 6s or 6s+. Use 3D Touch on the Periscope icon to start a broadcast, search for broadcasters, or teleport somewhere in the world.
- Thumbnails for live broadcast update periodically to more accurately reflect what is currently happening.
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally upload the wrong picture when sharing a screenshot capture on Twitter.