What's new

people selling the 5s/5c so soon after purchase

amyconnor

Reaction score
I have noticed that alot of people are selling the 5s/5c privately and not explaining why...these phones are barely a couple of weeks old so it makes me wonder is there anything wrong with them? or is there any kind of legitimate reason why these people have gone out and bought phones only to sell them for a reduced amount within a week or two? Many times I have asked to see a reciept as proof of purchase and I am yet to see one despite the owners claiming to have them.
Could somebody enlighten me please?
amy

I have noticed that alot of people are selling the 5s/5c privately and not explaining why...these phones are barely a couple of weeks old so it makes me wonder is there anything wrong with them? or is there any kind of legitimate reason why these people have gone out and bought phones only to sell them for a reduced amount within a week or two? Many times I have asked to see a reciept as proof of purchase and I am yet to see one despite the owners claiming to have them. Could somebody enlighten me please? amy

When I queued up to purchase my iPhone 5S gold 80 percent of the people in the queue were purchasing phones to sell on eBay etc abroad for a profit. One guy I spoke to informed me that this was because the profit they make allows them to gain a phone for free.

Additionally, there are fraudulent sellers who wait until you place the money in their account following a successful bid who then disappear from eBay leaving you several hundred pounds down or claim to post and nothing is received.

I've had mine now 2 weeks as have my son and we are extremely happy with our purchase. Great product!

Some of these sellers undoubtedly purchased these phones with the intention of selling them at an inflated price because of the high demand causing a shortage and shipping delays.

the reason i ask is because the phones are not inflated prices, they are reduced by £100 or more? thats my question really. you could say for profit but they are reduced?

Because there are many countries that do not have it yet and probably many who are willing to pay a few hundred if not more to get their hands on one, every years its the same, people go queue and try buy apples whole stock to sell it in their country that takes for ever to get the iPhone...

Im sure others simply dont like the phone or have other reasons for selling but Imo thats probably #1 reason why

The iPhone is a hot commodity, and "secondary market" cellphone selling has really picked up the past few years with Ebay / Craigslist / Swappa. Think about it - the new iphone is normally out of stock day 1. You get it for $200 on an upgrade. But you can turn around and sell it for $600+ easy to the impatient people with money burning a hole in their pocket. If you're happy with your current phone, that's almost a no brainer.

I queued for my ip5s , 3 days just to make sure I got one , I knew that the shortage would be a consequence if people buying them all on day one , and I witnessed people there buying the handsets and selling them for almost double their worth . People still think they're getting a massive profit now but unfortunately the hype has wound down and you can pick one up for less on sites like eBay meaning the seller actually loses out .

Some are actually being artificially inflated by shill bidding , meaning most if not all bids over a reasonable amount are fake bids designed to push the price up so a genuine bidder pays ludicrous amounts over the top . Be very wary of sudden last minute bids , there's a 99% chance you'll get scammed .
I personally have reported a few but unfortunately there is no reward for such acts , only considerable expense in calling eBay , so now I don't bother . Just be VERY careful .

this is why I never trust sites like ebay or even amazon to buy apple products, always buy directly from apple so you know what you are getting and have a proper garante and good customer service

this is why I never trust sites like ebay or even amazon to buy apple products, always buy directly from apple so you know what you are getting and have a proper garante and good customer service

Not forgetting the all important AppleCare :/)