What's new

PC restored - HELP!!

shawreport

Reaction score
Okay, here is the situation:

I got my iPhone4S in October 2011. I recently had to restore my Vista PC which had all the downloaded movies and music on it. My digital copies are thankfully always free to my downloading, but now I have a new problem:

*** I cannot add new music to my iPhone without restoring the phone. This would cause me to lose all my music, notes, some game scores, and apps. Personal pics and videos are backed up to my PC. Of course I can redownload much, but I do not want to go through the arduous process of searching for each of the albums I have downloaded (1700+ songs). Since I originally synced this iPhone with this computer, I should be able to sync it again. Is there a way to erase the original computer settings and sync it to a new pc without losing what is on it? How can I transfer all data from the phone to my PC?

Oh, and I do not pay for iCloud, nor am I within free service warranty period anymore. So I therefore reach out to my fellow iPhone/PC users in the most efficient way possible - FORUMS!!
If anyone can give me a step by step process of how to go about fixing this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sur
e

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

Open up iTunes, on the top of iTunes, click on Store > Authorize this PC. Log in with the AppleID that's associated with your iPhone. Restart iTunes and sync/backup. Now it shouldn't force you to restore with the message saying "This device is in use with another machine, etc etc"