What's new

Passcode

colleenloretta

Reaction score
How does one disable the passcode function? When I go into 'Settings' and 'Passcode', it only allows me to use the keyboard to enter a code, but not to disable it. I do not want to enter the passcode every time I go into my phone and want to shut off the function.
Thanks for any help!
c

Go to Settings - Touch ID & Passcode. Enter your passcode. Then scroll down to the selection Turn Passcode Off.

As an alternative, you might want to enable Touch ID. It's quick and unobtrusive. And secure. Then you only have to enter a passcode when you restart the phone.

Go to Settings - Touch ID & Passcode. Enter your passcode. Then scroll down to the selection Turn Passcode Off.

As an alternative, you might want to enable Touch ID. It's quick and unobtrusive. And secure. Then you only have to enter a passcode when you restart the phone.

It worked, and I thank you very much for the help!

How does one disable the passcode function? When I go into 'Settings' and 'Passcode', it only allows me to use the keyboard to enter a code, but not to disable it. I do not want to enter the passcode every time I go into my phone and want to shut off the function.
Thanks for any help!
c

Why in heavens sake would you WANT to turn this OFF?!

You want anyone to be able to access your iPhone if you loose it or it's stolen?

You don't state if you have finger-print protection on.

Can you not set it for a certain amount of time before it asks for the passcode ?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.