What's new

Outlook Syncing

chetter0404

Reaction score
When I enter appointments in my Outlook 2007 I routinely will enter other information in the notes area. I find this particularily useful when travelling (entering flight # and times) or other information. When I sync with my iPhone 4 the appointment shows up but the other information does not. I have tried different approaches to fix this but to no avail.

When I set up an appointment on my iPhone there is the option to enter a note but again, this information does not migrate over to Outlook when I sync.

Is there a solution or work-around?

I figured out the problem. Single day events sync fine complete with any notes. When I create an event in Outlook and have it re-occur for 3 or 4 days and then go back and open the first day of the event to enter the flight info. Outlook asks if I want to edit all occurances or just the one. I select just the current one as I don't want the information on every day. After I save it Outlook displays the message that this event has been changed from the others. The iPhone doesn't seem to like that and does not display the notes for the edited event. My work around is to create a single day event for the days where I want to enter notes. This works.

Thanks for coming back and posting a follow-up. A lot of people would not have done that. I read your original post and was interested, but had no suggestions for you. If someone searches someday for this issue your explanation and solution will be here for them to find. Well done.

With 3 kids playing baseball on multiple teams and dr appointments play dates and all other every things we use outlook calendar to invite each other to share and keep up on things so we dont double book days. The iphone calendar doesnt let you invite attendee like outlook does so i installed week calendar from the app store and its just like sitting at my pc using the outlook calender. I can invite her, enter any notes i want, its just what i needed. Take a look at it. Week calendar fro app store

Outlook 2007 - 2010

Go to Tools -> Trust Center
Add-ins
In "Details" select "iTunes add-in" from the "Inactive Application Add-ins"
In "Manage" click "COM Add-ins"
Click "Go"
In the small window that shows up, choose "iTunes sync add-in"
Click "OK"

Besides i share you a article about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, which can help you backup all iPhone contacts and contact photos from iPhone to your computer and keep them safe on the computer.
Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

Last edited:
I personally use OutlookReflex to sync my outlook contacts to iphone