What's new

OTA updates for IOS 5

keek49

Reaction score
so I read somewhere that the new IOS 5 is going to allow verizon to shoot all updates over the air to all iPhone users instead of doing the whole connect to iTunes thing... how will this affect jailbreaking if it's a forced update? what do you guys think? will jailbreaking be done for verizon iPhones after this?

What kinda update is that? I haven't heard about it. And anyway it will surely affect jailbreak if one understand what upgrading iOS means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bab2010 said:
What kinda update is that? I haven't heard about it. And anyway it will surely affect jailbreak if one understand what upgrading iOS means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's on engadget and Redmond pie and I don't think those sources would lie... it may be an automatic update too so there won't be a choice ... and as posted only verizon will be pushing these OTA IOS updates

If the ota updates are like the ota for android system this will be a plus. With android you can turn the ota off with or without root access. I'm sure those who develop the jb software will be able to do the same.

anything is just guesses and rumours atm but its very possible and i hope its true